Home

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Day Out

Today was my day out, hubby at work and kids at school==Me Time!!!  Every now and then we need a day like this, its good for the body, soul and mind or at least it is good for mine.  I love going to the Peddlers Mall, Goodwill, Habitat Restore and any other little second hand/variety store that I run across.  I just know there are treasures there waiting to be discovered so that they can come home with me. 
Here is just a little of what I have found lately including something that I found today for my hubby. 

Aren't these beautiful?  The date is 1943 and the colors are absolutely gorgeous, can't wait to find a place to hang them.  I love pictures, I'm always looking for new ones.  That seems to be the first thing I am drawn to when I go looking for stuff.



Doesn't this look like such a peaceful, quite, serene place?  Makes me wish spring and summer would get here sooner so that our grass will be green once again.

Got two bags full of this kind of stuff.  It brings back so many memories from my childhood.  I remember having these at home and I bet if I looked in all the right places I could still find them at moms house.   See the cute little rectangle one on the bottom left with the six boxes in the middle...I see a name stitched in it... PONDER ( as soon as I can find the perfect color thread).  I'm thinking black is the color I am going to use.  Got another one just like it that I'm going to fix and give to a special person for their birthday.  Better get started on it if I'm going to get it done.
And it's not always things just for me.  Got this little beauty for my hubby to go in his "Man Cave".  Still need to clean off the sticker glue from the bottom right corner but it actually looks better than when I brought it in...It was really dusty and dirty.  Got more stuff too but will have to wait and share it later, time to do the laundry.

For those of you who love junking/thrifting I wish you much luck in finding the perfect thing you want or maybe even finding something you never knew you wanted.  For those who don't junk/thrift give it a whirl you might just be surprised at how much you like it.

Good Night All, Sweet Dreams!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment