Home

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dreams of my "Girly Place"

Progress is still being made in the "Man Cave" so before long I suspect the hubby project should be over and then he can get started on my "Girly Place".  I have been anticipating having my own little space for so long now that if SPRING doesn't hurry and get here I may just bust!  We have a little storage building already and I have been planning and envisioning how I am going to to fix it up for quite awhile now.  I have even been purchasing things along the way to create my perfect little dreamy "Girly Place".  I have the cutest lime green cabinets, that I bought at the Habitat Restore, in there that I plan to use for my flowers and gardening and whatever else I can think of. .  Even bought some old clay pots at the Restore too...can't wait to add some flowers to them. 
After all of my planning and dreaming the hubby informed me that he planned to sell the building and build a garage.  Anyone want to guess how that went over??  After much discussion about where my "Girly Place" could be located I think we have come to a mutual understanding....it must be close to the house, not half a mile away.  I think he is onboard the same ship with me now and has even said he would just build me a new one (I ain't holding my breath on that one).  
This is my inspiration for the whole project...isn't she beautiful.  This is the little cottage that I ran across on the Susie Harris blog http://www.susieharrisblog.com
and here's a little taste of the inside of her cottage
Notice the cute chandelier she has hanging.....here is my version that I found on ebay
Isn't it so cute???  I just love it and can't wait to get her placed in her new home.  So, not meaning to wish my life away but I sure do wish SPRING would hurry up and get here.  I'm thinking I may need to set a chair or two out on the front porch of the "Girly Place" and christen it with a big ole glass of sweet tea. 
 Anyone wanna join me?

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful inspiration!!! I'd love to have a "Girly Place" like that! I'd gladly join you for some sweet tea. :)

    I can't wait to see what yours looks like in SPRING!! I'm with you...I can't wait for spring this year! I'm very much over winter and all the ice and snow!

    Oh...and you asked about my little birdie in my terrarium....Dollar Tree!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the snow we have had tonight (as beautiful as it may be) it leaves me longing all the more for spring. I saw the info on that sweet little birdie after I commented...will be on the look out for them or something similar.

    ReplyDelete