Home

Thursday, January 9, 2020

Snowflakes and Pom-Poms

A Little Winter Decorating on a Budget



I know for most everyone else you have probably taken down all of the Christmas decorations and have started to de-clutter and think ahead to Spring.  Just to be honest, I struggle with the de-cluttering thing so if you wanna sign up to help a girl out with that let me know but consider yourself warned.  I have a post in mind for later but I need to know that I'm in a judgement free zone here my friends.


              
I also just can't get in the groove of thinking about Spring yet...I mean seriously I need a good snow or two before I want to get to Spring mode.  How can you not beauty and serenity in a crisp, cold snow filled day when God decorate our world with a blanket of white?


I have taken down most of my Christmas decorations except for the few I overlooked and my giant snowflakes.  I just couldn't bring myself to not have a little something wintry around the house and after a little thought and a little luck with after Christmas sales I found just what I was looking for.


The green garland has since been replaced with a winter white frosty garland and easy to make pom-pom garland. I see pom-poms in so many home decor posts and they are super easy and inexpensive to make. All you need is a little yarn and the pom-pom makers that you can buy at Hobby Lobby and so many other places and you are set to go.


I got this pom-pom maker set at Hobby Lobby for under $10 after I used my 40% off coupon. I have used it many times and for many projects. My first project was this wreath and as you can see from the garland on the railing I keep on finding ways to put it to use.



The yarn that I used for the wreath and garland is Lion Brand Thick & Quick Bonus Bundle in the color Fisherman. It was inexpensive at $5.97 from Walmart and is apparently a hot item. I was unable to locate it online but did find it available through the app at a nearby location.

I do plan to change out my ribbon to a pretty black ticking instead of the red.

Amazon carries this but they were sold out as well. There are so many colors out there that would look great, this just happened to be the one that I found and loved.


After I took the green Christmas garland down from the railing everything just seemed so bare, cold and uninviting. I kept trying to figure out a way to add a little something to the area without making it feel Christmassy. I did a little after Christmas shopping at my favorite home store and lucked into some garland that I think works perfectly.


This white pinecone garland was the best find of the day from World Market and they were half off. They had four left in the store and that was just the right amount I needed...my lucky day! They do still have them available online and I think this frosty pinecone garland is perfect for winter decor. Maybe add it to the mantle if you don't have stair railing.


I added the pom-pom garland that I put together in just a couple of hours. I just felt that it needed a little something more to add texture, weight and a little color variation. And how about that adorable little snowman peaking out there at the bottom of the stairs?  He's just the right punch of color and whimsy and is one of my favorite gifts...Thanks sister cousin, you're the best!


Throw in these battery powered lights I had used at Christmas and you can add a little golden glow. I originally got the lights from Target but they are sold out. I did find some on EBay and I'm pretty sure they are the same price as what I paid in store. I just drop the battery pack down into the snowflake and turn them on and off as I want.


Of course, since I'm still wishing for snow, I thought MAYBE if I added a fun little Let It Snow banner then the snow might eventually make its way here. I knew Etsy would be exactly where I could find what I was looking for and after a little searching and much consideration about which one was the perfect one for me (they all were) I chose this one.


Here's a glimpse of how it looks at night...and yes that is still my tree sitting there waiting to be taken out. Its going to the pond where my kids and grand-kids like to fish so I need the hubby's help.

Time to move on to the room that has become the catch all room...wish me luck.



Happy Winter Sweet Friends!

PS...if you are wondering why I'm reposting its because somehow I deleted the first one so this is the redo...

4 comments:

  1. I love all your pom-pom decor accents and wreath! I just may need to go out and get me a kit! We would love to have you put Tuesday Turn About on your link-party schedule. We open on Tuesdays (duh) at 5pm CST! Hope to see you there, via myweeabode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie. I will definitely put on my schedule. Still pretty new to the blogging scene and learning it as I go. Following your blog via the bloglovin app.
      I hope you get a kit, you're going to love making all kinds of things with it!

      Delete
  2. I didn't realize you were new to blogging! Well, your photography looks wonderful! Keep going! ;-) Haven't checked the TTA party yet, but hope to see you there. :-) We close tonight at midnight CST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement...I may be hitting you up for help :). I have posted some in the past and always enjoyed it so I'm trying it again. Just posted a couple of links to the TTA party, thanks for inviting me to do so.

      Delete