Home

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Any Busy Moms Out There Looking for a Quick Supper Fix?

Quick and Easy Air Fryer Chicken



Got an air fryer?  If so here's a recipe you will love!  Its simple, its easy and fast but most of all its DELICIOUS!!  

How many others out there work long hours?  You leave early get home late and as soon as you get home that question that has been asked for thousands of years gets asked again..."What are we going to have for supper"?  If you are like me you want to scream because you have no idea what you can whip up quickly so that you can eat at a decent hour.  Well...I've got you covered here sweet friend.  Read on and see how simple this recipe is, I think you will be much surprised!

Thankfully the hubby stopped by Kroger and picked up a few things including this small fryer chicken.  I had planned to cook it in the Instantpot but decided to go a different route this morning when I got up.  




I have friends at work who are always cooking something in the air fryer or talking about something they cooked in it so I decided I would try it out for myself.  Up until this morning the only thing I really used my air fryer for was french fries.

I couldn't find the exact recipe I wanted so I decided to combine a couple and see what I ended up with.  The lighting isn't very good in this picture but you can see I have a small air fryer and this chicken was a little under four pounds.  Even though it was a bit of a tight fit it still worked out great! 



Want to try this for yourself?  Here's the recipe:

(1) 3-4 pound frying chicken
2 Tablespoon butter softened
1.5 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
3/4 teaspoon garlic
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
Emeril's Essence (not required)

Combine all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.  
Remove the giblets from the cavity and rinse the chicken then pat dry.
Take your hands or a spatula and run under the skin to separate it from the meat.  
Spread the softened butter on the meat and then sprinkle  part of the seasoning over the meat.  
Pull the skin back over the meat and rub the remaining seasoning on the top and bottom of the chicken.
I did sprinkle a little Essence on the bottom because I got a little carried away and forgot to rub some of the other seasonings on the bottom of the bird.

Place the chicken breast side down in the air fryer and cook at 360 degrees for 30 minutes.
Turn the chicken over and cook at the same temperature for 20-25 minutes depending on the size of the chicken.
The internal temperature should be 165F (make sure you're not touching a bone when checking it).

It took me longer to figure out how I wanted to cook it than it did to make it.  Prep time probably took me about 15 minutes and once I had it prepped the rest of the time was my time to do as I wanted while I waited

Want to know the best thing about all of this???  I did it all while I was getting ready for work and I left out of the house this morning feeling like a rock star!!  I knew supper was going to be quick and easy when I got home.  

All I did when I got home was pop it in the oven for a little while to warm it up while I fixed a couple of easy and quick sides and within 30 minutes we were sitting down for supper with our plates full.



I hope you give it try and I hope you leave home feeling like a Rock Star too!

~Jennifer~




No comments:

Post a Comment