Home

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

A Few of My Favorite Amazon Finds

Trays, Lights, Frames and More

Any Amazon shoppers out there?  I think I know for sure that there are a few that enjoy the thrill of finding just the right thing and with a click or two it ends up delivered to your door in just a couple of days.

For those of you who shop Amazon I thought I would show you a few of my favorite Amazon finds.  Maybe you'll see something and decide you need one of these too.  For those who don't shop with Amazon maybe you'll decide that you need to start.


Its hard to decide what my favorite Amazon find has been but this large beautiful rustic metal tray ranks right up there at the top.  I don't remember where I first saw it but I was instantly drawn to it and knew that I had to find it.  After a little searching I found it on Amazon and with a couple of clicks and a few days wait it showed up on my step...kudos to the UPS drivers who work so hard to get our treasures to us so quickly.


For the wine lover out there I have to tell you about Purple Toad wine.  It's made here in the great state of Kentucky and boy is it good!  My favorite Purple Toad Wine so far is the Black and Bruised.  It's sweet, probably to sweet for most wine lovers but for me it is perfect.  A word of caution though, it's like drinking kool-aid so be careful, you'll drink the whole bottle before you know it.

And as an added plus for the wine...those bottles are the prettiest blue you have ever seen.  Once the bottle was empty I just couldn't bring myself to throw it away.  I peeled the labels off and held on to it (them eventually).  Side note..not all of their wines are bottled in the vibrant blue color in case you decide to try something other than the Black and Bruised.
Distressed Black Tray



Once I had a little collection of them (I even had friends bringing me their empties) I decided I wanted to use them as a lighted display on a bar cart/tray.  I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the others I have.  By the way...how cool are my vintage glasses...I scored the whole set for cheap at an auction!  

After a little amazon searching I found this box of 10 cork lights and they came with extra batteries.  They were a good deal coming in at just a little over a dollar per strand.



Another of my favorite Amazon finds is this simple black picture frame.  If you have priced frames lately you know they are not cheap and of course the larger the frame the more expensive it is.  

Craig Frames



Joanna Gaines featured this family tree in one of her magazines and I fell in love with it.  I did a little research on Ancestry.com and got all of my names together then placed my order through TheMakeshiftGallery on Etsy.  



This frame is matted and has a thin acrylic facing instead of glass which makes it more lightweight for hanging.  These are actually hung using Command Strips...aren't those one of the greatest inventions ever!

Command Picture Hanging Strips





This frame I own because I grossly mis-measured when I ordered it.  I obviously wasn't thinking clearly...can I blame it on the wine? In all honesty I had the family tree print for awhile and thought it was 20x20 but guess what...it wasn't.  Rather than send it back I decided to keep it and use it to hold a family photo, which by the time I got it ordered and hung up was already out of date.  Our sweet, handsome little grandson has been born since this picture was taken so we will soon need to update the frame with a new photo.   

ArtToFrames Double Mat Frame


I ordered our picture from MPix and was very pleased with the quality of their prints.  Where do you order your prints from?


The frame is lightweight, the facing is acrylic so there's no glass to have to worry about getting broken and the textured matting adds just the right touch. 

The frames come in different sizes so be sure to check them out and see if you find one that fits your needs.  Also be sure to check out TheMakeshiftGallery on Etsy and shop small when you can.  

Happy Wednesday friends!  I hope your day is filled with blessings and happiness!

~Jennifer~







No comments:

Post a Comment