Home

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

In Over My Head

Look at these little beauties that I found at a local mini mall for a bargin price. 

My plan is/was to recover them all by myself but when I took the fabric off this is what I found...


I wonder if this was the original fabric?
Now I am at a total LOSS as to what to do!  I have called someone who does upholstery work to get her advice so until then I guess I will just have to wait. 

Now that I have removed the fabric and see the stuffing material I am really curious about the age  of these little beauties.  I tried to research it some last night but didn't have any luck.  Does anyone have any idea how old they are or what style they are?

See this post at the linky party at


The Shabby NestA Glimpse Inside

6 comments:

  1. I had the same issue with a bench once, Jennifer. Took the fabric off and found horsehair and other stuff inside...didn't have a clue what to do. I just covered it back up and sold it later at a gargage sale to someone who I'm pretty sure was an antique dealer...so, I'm no help. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you can google how to reupholster them. I would take all that out and throw it away and then get a piece of plywood, cut it to fit the seats and back, cover in a cushy foam and then reupholster them. I have a chair that has the same fabric on it in a pink color with the same nail heads. Is it form the 60's maybe. They are cute as can be and I love that they have wheels on them.
    xo,
    Sena
    p.s. thanks for joining in on my give away. And, now how did you know I was from Kentucky?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Bluegrass" was my clue, afterall we are the Bluegrass State. And as for my precious chairs I couldn't bring myself to destroy the insides...I feel that that is what tells part of their story and I want to leave it for the next person to uncover. They were a bargin got both for $30.00 so I figure I would invest a little in them to preserve their history.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Those must be old! I can not believe you paid only $30....great deal...you need Antiques Roadshow to help you out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet these will be beautiful when you figure out what to do with them! I'd probably check out a few books from the library. Or maybe try a local community college? Ours offers evening/weekend community classes on upholstering furniture, which I've never taken because I haven't had a piece I could use as my project -- but it looks like you could take advantage of such a class! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that would scare me too and I have done some upholstering jobs! But there is so much potential there! Hope you get to finish them soon! Thanks so much for linking up to my Catch a Glimpse party. :) Always nice to see a new face. Will you add my party button or a link to my blog at the bottom of your post please? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete