Home

Monday, March 14, 2011

They Are The Champs

They are stong... They are invincible... They are outstanding and... They are the CHAMPS.   I have spent this past weekend watching my hometown Lady Rockets bring home the title of State Champions and I must say it ranks right up there as one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. 
These outstanding young ladies and the coaching staff headed by Chrysti Noble brought home the first ever State Championship Trophy to Rockcastle County High School.  To have been a part of this event is something that I still get choked up about today (ask the people I work with...couldn't talk about it without tears filling my eyes).  Knowing either the members of this team personally or their families and being there to share in this moment with them was priceless but seeing the Heros welcome home for them was also amazing.

You can see the excitement as they are being brought home on firetrucks with police leading the way and fans standing outside waiting on their arrival.



And the looks on their faces was priceless as they round their school and see the hundreds of fans waiting there to show their love and support.  By the way look at that cute Katie and how shocked she was when she saw the crowd.  Of course Logan was there waiting to see her and welcome her home.



They are being followed in by the coaching staff and some of the members of their family.  You know the coaches always like to let their team have the spot light and this wonderful group is no different.

And to my friend Coach Noble I just want to say how proud I am you and your accomplishments.  You have done so much for this community and you are an outstanding person.  I know that there are many future little Lady Rockets out there right now just waiting to be a part of your team and follow in the footsteps of these young ladies.

CONGRATS LADY ROCKETS!!!!!






1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful Jennifer. You did an outstanding job. Hats off to you as well as everyone involved with the team. GO ROCK!

    ReplyDelete