Home

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Welcome Fall...I've been waiting for you

I was beginning to think Fall was never going to get here but finally she has made a semi-arrival.  I apologize to all of my summer loving friends because I know you are probably wishing us pumpkin spice loving girls would give it a rest...but we are really excited its finally here.  

Fall is a beautiful time of year. Despite the fact that plants are slowly closing out the growing phase of their life, they bring such beauty to the world. The bright orange and yellows are accented perfectly with a little pinch of green, purple and even white.

I always love shopping around for my plants, pumpkins and other fall decor during this time of year and shopping small and local is one of my favorite things to do.  

This is just a few of the places I have visited this fall and hopefully if you can't visit them this fall you will be able to visit them soon.

First up is Hummingbird Haven Greenhouse and let me just say you won't be disappointed when you make a visit.  All of the pumpkins and gourds came from there as did a couple of the mums.  They had beautiful things at reasonable prices.

For years I have heard people talk about this place but unfortunately I had not made a visit there till a couple of weeks ago.  It is literally in my back yard as a crow flies but getting back home from there was probably the most lost I have ever been in my life.  Long story short, I started to go to another place and changed my mind once I got there.  I then back tracked to Hummingbird Haven which meant I had to come back home another way.  GPS isn't the most reliable thing on the back roads but I firmly believe all roads lead to somewhere and I eventually hit the right road that led me back home.  It was a beautiful drive even if I was lost.


And how cute is this adorable little tray that holds all of these lovely treasures?  It was love at first site when I visited the Rockcastle River Trading Co and I knew it had to come home with me.  If you haven't heard of this little treasure of a joint maybe you have heard of the one and only Jon Carloftis.  He is an amazing gardener and is the owner of this beautiful little shop that sits on the banks of the Rockcastle River. 


These pretty cabbages came from a little garden shop in Berea Ky called The Potting Shed.  They always have beautiful healthy looking plants.  They have a variety of plants such as, annuals, perennials, succulents and so much more.  They even have cute little pots that I know ya'll are going to want. 



Overlook the yellowing leaves...someone may have been a little slow in getting them planted.


These old mismatched terracotta pots came from the Habitat Restore years ago.  They fit perfectly in my new tray from The Rockcastle River Trading Co, its almost as if it was made to hold them.  





Front porch decorating (Looks like I should have swept the porch first)


The basket came from Big Lots.  If you haven't been there in awhile you should plan a trip.  I was amazed at the home decor department there now.




I found this brass pot in an antique mall and thought it would be the perfect spot for this bright yellow mum I bought from my niece.  

 And a vintage copper boiler is the perfect spot to stick this giant mum.

Time to close and get back to fall planting and decorating...till next time

Happy Fall Planting my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment