Home

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken


So...yesterday I decided to bite the bullet and fix a whole chicken in my Instant Pot and I’m happy to report that first of all it is delicious and secondly I made it thru without blowing the top off and putting a hole in my ceiling, thank you Lord!

If you don’t have an Instant Pot there are many places to get one and with Christmas fast approaching it would be a great gift to yourself or to someone you love.  I got mine a few years ago from Amazon during their Amazon Prime Day.  Here is the link to a 6 quart one like the one I used to cook this chicken.


There are tons of resources for Instant Pot recipes.  If you do a quick Google search you will have so many options to choose from that it’s almost overwhelming. If you’re like me I read them and then decide whether or not to try it based on what the ingredients are, do I have them on hand and how easy it is. If I’m feeling really adventurous I’ll make up my own which can lead to disaster...

Today I took the smart route and found this recipe on the Damn Delicious website and I must agree it was damn delicious!  I followed the recipe with a couple of exceptions.  My chicken was about 6 lbs instead of 4 lbs as the recipe calls for.  I also put the chicken in the oven to brown the skin a little after I took if out of the Instant Pot.




The hubby says this is a keeper recipe so I guess we will be having it again.  I would recommend it for a quick and simple meal and as the rest of you hard working women know we need something easy and quick to fix for our family at night.  The chicken can be cooked the night before which makes it even easier after a busy day.  Pair it with some roasted vegetables or roasted  parmesan, bacon, garlic brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes (if your in a real hurry instant mashed potatoes work great).

Enjoy and if you try it let me know what you think.





No comments:

Post a Comment