Home

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Emperor's Silk ...so rich and beautiful

Finally it is FINISHED!!  Just finished waxing and buffing this sweet little table today.  The Annie Sloan Emperor's Silk chalk paint is probably one of my new favorites.  I have posted some pics in previous blog posts about this project and today I finally completed it...woohoo!
 
It started out looking like this
 
And today it looks like this
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 

So glad this project is finished and I guess this little table will be heading to my shop.  Already have my next project started can't wait to see how it turns out.
 
In closing tonight I would like to ask all of you to take a moment to remember those that have lost a loved one today in the senseless act of violence that was committed in Connecticut.  My heart is heavy for them and I ask that you keep them in your thoughts and prayers.  I was unaware of the tragedy that had taken place today while I was busy completing this project until several hours after it had happened.  It seemed so surreal that while I was locked away in the peace and solitude of my little shop there were others who were going thru the most horrible and heart wrenching time of their life.  I've cried as I watched the images of mothers, fathers, siblings, grandparents and friends grieving over the loss of a life taken way to soon and I pray that God will provide comfort to them in this terrible time.
 
Prayers for those in Newtown.
 
 



 

1 comment:

  1. what a find this table is! i love it.

    stop by soon, lovely blogger.

    michele

    ReplyDelete