Home

Monday, August 22, 2011

Break Time Is Almost Over

Hope everyone has had a WONDERFUL summer!  I took a little break from blogging and just enjoyed good times with family and friends.  Yes...life is good! 

In June the hubby and I celebrated 20 years of marriage and decided to take a short little trip to Destin Florida.  It was absolutely beautiful!  We stayed at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort which I would very much recommend to anyone planning a trip to the Destin area.  Its a great place for a couples only trip or a family trip as well. 
You can sit and lounge on the beach.
Maybe even have a beautiful beach wedding...see the chairs being set up.

Dine on the patio at Finz Beach Bar.

Kids can play on the floating playground (we thought about giving it a try and decided it probably wasn't a good idea)
Then when you wanna enjoy the night life and special events be sure to check out The Village of Baytowne Wharf.  They were having a fishing tournament and we were there as the first of the boats were returning with their catches.  

In July I got to spend some time with my wonderful family.  We had a wonderful two weeks together and the first leg of the trip was...can you guess (not the best picture)
DISNEY WORLD...who doesn't need a little Micky and Minnie time.

Me and my babies!!
A view of the Grand Floridian at night.
Even the topiary Mary Poppins make me start singing...a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down...
Gotta love a girl who wears Minnie ears and do you notice a theme with my sons shirts...GO CATS!!

The last week of our journey was spent at my most favorite place...Myrtle Beach.  It was a long journey and a week of sitting and relaxing on the beach was exactly what I needed after an exhausting (but fun) week at Disney World

I'm pretty sure we have a few pairs of goggles that we could add to the graveyard.
Sibling love at the beach

All smiles...
And finally summer is coming to an end and a new school year begins.  This is the first day of high school for her and sadly (for me) this is the first day of his last year of high school.  Glad my babies are healthy and growing up but boy where did the time go???



No comments:

Post a Comment