Home

Monday, May 16, 2011

My Vintage Scooter Re-Do

Well, its not a bicycle built built for two but it is a scooter built for flowers.  I found this cute little thing several years ago and have had it in my screened in porch all this time.  I had the best of intentions to paint it and fix it up but I got a little side tracked and moved on to other projects.  It was one of my projects that I started and never finished till now. So here is the big reveal...are you ready?
It started out all rusty and I sanded and sanded...whew!

Saw this color used in another blog awhile ago but I can't remember which one it was.
It took several coats of paint to cover it good.



Everyone needs a little Rich Plum in their life...right?
Its just waiting for flowers to be planted in it.

Finally finished and put back together!





Still need to do a little work on the handle bar but at least I have it painted and back together.

Now I'm debating about whether to keep it or sell it.  Hmmm...I guess time will tell.

Linked up at:
spray paint party





1 comment:

  1. Cool scooter! I just bought that same blue paint last week. I fell in love with it when I saw it. No idea what I'm going to use if for yet! I really like the plum color too! Visiting from Thrifty Decor Chic's spray paint party!
    Jen
    Scissors & Spatulas

    ReplyDelete